Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Closets don't get Cancer


One afternoon last May I received a phone call from my Mom that literally brought me to my knees-my younger sister had been diagnosed with Kidney Cancer! You know, the kind that doesn't get diagnosed until it has found it's way into everything and it's too late to do anything about it...that kind of Kidney Cancer! By the grace of God, and some very persistant doctors, hers had been caught early. A total fluke, her symptons had nothing to do with the golf ball sized tumor in her kidney but while looking at an ultrasound they saw the little bugger. Thank you, GOD! After a very long and invasive surgery a week later she was CANCER FREE! She is a Cancer survivor and I couldn't be prouder of her!


Needless to say, our family has spent the summer celebrating life and realizing that each and every day is a gift. It's been an amazing summer! So many laughs and good times shared. After returning home from our Annual Fourth of July trip to The Farm, I was readjusting to reality and getting ready for the Back to School craziness. My parents had taken the kids for the weekend and I was using the opportunity to clean out some closets and get organized. My sisters called and suggested I come for the weekend and continue the summer of fun. I told them I couldn't that I HAD to get the closets cleaned before the kids came back...that's when she said it..."Kate, closets don't get Cancer, they can wait." Yep, closets don't get Cancer, what a reminder to live each day. We constantly need this ...life is to be lived, so get out there and live it to the fullest! (the messy closets will still be there when you get back!)


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment