Monday, October 10, 2011

I love a rainy day in the kitchen



There is nothing like a rainy day to inspire creativity in the Kitchen! Today I brought out an old family favorite for some cooler weather comfort and was reminded how much I love spending the day in the kitchen, sharing and laughing with my children! Today we made Chicken Enchiladas with what we call "Coleman's Favorite Rice". We took this recipe on a ski weekend with friends and, as a 5 year old, "Coleman" couldn't get enough of this side! We thought we'd share it with you because it's easy and oh, so delicious!






1 cup of uncooked rice



1 can black beans, drained and rinsed



1 jar of your favorite salsa



2 cups chicken broth



1 can of corn



3 cups shredded cheddar cheese






Mix all the ingredients together except for the cheese and bake @ 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cover with cheese and b ake until cheese is melted.






Like I said, easy and oh, so delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment