Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Jewelry Trend---Layers!

"Layers"...just the word sounds indulgent! The Trend Alert for 2010 is just that, indulgent. The old saying of "if I have one of those I have a thousand" is this season's mantra. You can't just wear one necklace, you have to have 10, or atleast one necklace that looks like 10. It's chunky and eclectic and wildly fun and playful. My favorite find from my recent trip to Market was a 72" pearl necklace, yes...I said 72 INCHES! It wraps around my neck 4 times and ties in a knot in the last layer. It can be short layers or not so many long layers. It can be anything I want it to be. I can wear it with jeans or a dress. I love it! It is definitely another season where you can't go wrong with pearls! Indulgent doesn't have to mean expensive either, layer what you already have. Mix and match metals, beads, ribbons etc. Have fun with it...this season's looks are meant to be played with!

No comments:

Post a Comment