Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School Blues?



Does anyone else have them? The first day of school came way too fast for me, or maybe I should say the end of summer did. The house became way too quiet, the routine of sleeping late and playing Scrabble in our PJ's was gone, only to be replaced with homework, bedtimes and test schedules. Did I say the house became way too quiet? Am I crazy? Back-to-School time is a transition time that I've always looked forward to, maybe not for the reasons you may be thinking. :)






Back-to-School has always been an opportunity to adopt new routines, impliment new disciplines, discover new recipes...this year...I was having too much fun with my kids! At ages eleven and twelve ( I can't believe it!) they are people that I want to spend time with. We had a great summer with family. Bike rides and "mule" rides, it was always an adventure! Taylor learned to fly fish with my Dad, and won the trophy for the biggest fish of the summer, a 22 lb. catfish. (I owe a big thank you to my Dad for waking out of a dead sleep to come take that monster off the hook for me...I'm such a girl!) McKay developed her own sense of style (thank God it's a good one!) and became an accomplished fisher in her own right. I love a girl who can bait her own hook and mix and match fashion accessories in the same afternoon! It was a summer that reminded me of the ones I had when I was growing up. My children begged to drive the "mule" as I used beg "Pop" to let me drive his pick-up truck out on the open acres of The Farm, learning to drive on The Farm just like I did. Liverpool, Scrabble

No comments:

Post a Comment